Applications are now being accepted for small groups to engage in The Colossian Way experience.
The Colossian Way experience is designed to help Christians across generations to engage difficult questions in ways that build up the love of God and neighbor. By gathering Christians who disagree, confessing that all things hold together in Christ (Colossians 1:17), bringing our difficulties before God in prayer, listening to varied experts on the topics, attending to Scripture and the resources of the faith, and learning to listen and talk across difference, we can trust the Holy Spirit to transform us into the image of Christ.
Churches will name two leaders who will begin The Colossian Way experience with a two-day training retreat, held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on either of these dates:
- Thursday-Saturday, May 18-20 (sexuality topic only)
- Wednesday-Friday, September 20-22 (origins and sexuality topics)
Churches and leaders who participate in The Colossian Way must commit to the following:
- Attend a training retreat
- Gather an intergenerational group of 10-12 participants for The Colossian Way small group experience, focusing on sexuality
- Lead the small group through ten 90-minute meetings over a set schedule
- Meet with coaches and other small group leaders during the experience
Next Steps Cost for The Colossian Way experience is $1,500 per small group, which includes the leader training (hotel accommodations, meals, and training materials for two leaders), materials (leader and participant guides for the entire small group), The Colossian Way promotional pieces for your church, personal coaching for leaders, and membership in The Colossian Way Community of Practice.
We’ll be adding upcoming 2018 training retreat days as soon as we finalize them. We can’t wait for you to join us on The Colossian Way!
Pastors and church leaders can apply now to be part of The Colossian Way experience.